Friday, April 15, 2011

Business Trip Extraordinaire--Day 20

Happy Tax Day. This will be quick. Day 20 was a very slow day at the trade show. We decided to wrap up early. It was slow Friday traffic and it took us a couple of hours to get back to Copacabana. By the time I got here, I wasn't hungry for a meal, but I had some ice cream. I'm tired and already ready for bed.

If you're in Rio and you need a dependable taxi driver, I can put you in touch with Bernardo. He took me and my colleagues to and from the trade show every day. He was always on time to pick us up within 15 minutes of the scheduled time (traffic is bad here so that's remarkable), and he was quick and efficient yet polite and safe by Rio standards. He doesn't speak English, but otherwise he would be very helpful for your Rio travels.

Tracy is still sick. She saw a doctor, who said she (Tracy) has strep throat. At least that means it's treatable, but she sounds miserable. Please pray for her.

Twenty days down. Three to go. I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not a train. I'm going to survive this.

No comments: