Thursday, April 07, 2011

Business Trip Extraordinaire--Day 12

Whoa, I'm halfway there. Twelve days (mostly) down, eleven to go.

Thirteen years ago this week, I came home from Manaus, Brazil, where I served as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Today I am on my way back to Manaus for the first time since my mission. This is a personal stop in the middle of my business trip. I haven't been back to my mission yet since I came home (unless you count my visa wait in New England), so I'm excited yet nervous. I haven't kept in touch with anyone in Manaus, so if I see anyone I know that will be nice. But if not, at least I'll get to see the temple (under construction) and do some of the tourist things I didn't and/or couldn't do as a missionary.

My flight out of Ontario today was delayed by a bad engine. I was a little nervous, because a missed connection would get me to Manaus at least a day late, but they got it working and we were underway about two hours late. My layover in Dallas was scheduled for four hours, so this works out nicely. I'm not looking forward to the 10-hour flight to São Paulo though.

By the way, DFW airport has free wifi! Just connect to the tmobile network and it works great. Last time I was in an airport with free wifi, it was Columbus, and it was dreadful. Here in Texas they do everything bigger, and apparently that includes bandwidth.

I'm going to try to blog daily, but it may get tricky now that I am off to Brazil. Thanks for reading, and I hope to blog with photos soon.

No comments: