Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Business Trip Extraordinaire--Day 10

I won the meeting.

Today's Main Event was a rollicking success. To oversimplify it, all the demos worked great and the customers ate it up. Everything that could have gone right did. We had one minor scare that turned out to be nothing. We had a lot of good people working on this event, and I have been praying about this for a while. If this had gone south, it could have been for me what people in my office call a "career-defining moment." Instead, it has turned out better than I dared dream, and I and my colleagues have been truly blessed.

Now I'm working on tying up loose ends from this event and getting ready for my next couple of events.

I talked to Tracy this afternoon to tell her the good news. And she told me the good news: the kids saw a rabbit in our yard! I see rabbits often at night, but this one was during the day when the kids could see it. They were very excited and thought they could lure it with a trail of lettuce and turn it into a pet. It didn't work.

Tonight I'm going to sleep well, with no alarm clock. Tomorrow will be an awkward extra day in California, for airfare reasons. Thursday I fly to my next destination. Ten days are in the books, or maybe I should say in the blog, and I have 13 days to go. I miss my family but I am glad they are doing well at home.

No comments: