Thursday, May 14, 2009

Trend Setter

Jimmy joined the cub scouts in March and has decided it is the coolest thing in the world. He has a great den and a great den leader. Since joining the scouts, he really likes to wear the uniform to school on meeting days. He told me he wants to start a trend. (When I was a kid, the girls all wore their scout uniforms to school, but Amelia doesn't do that. I don't think I ever saw a boy wearing a scout uniform to school.) One night, I went to check on him after bed time and he was so excited for scouts, he was already wearing his uniform for the next day. I didn't think that trend should catch on, I made him change.

Yesterday, the scouts went bird watching. He spent the rest of the day on the balcony bird watching with his binocculars. He woke up at 5:30 this morning for even more bird watching! I guess the early bird catches the worm!

No comments: