Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Repetition is the Key

I had a few funny moments this month where I found myself repeating a key phrase that I never would have expected. If you keep reading, you'll see why.
I took all the kids with me to vote. I feel it's an important lesson and I gave the kids each an American Flag to wave and off we went to the polling place. While I was in the middle of filling out my ballot, I started to smell a particular smell. So I called out to the kids "Is everyone clean and dry?" Jonny called back "I am. SEE!" When I turned around, there he was standing with his pants and pullup around his ankles showing me just how dry he was. "Put your pants on!" I shouted with a surprise. Maybe if I'd kept my head and said it quiet, everyone wouldn't have turned around to stare.
The next week, I was getting the Jonny and Simon ready for the bath when JIMMY came running out of the bathroom, dripping wet from his own bath. "Look Mom!" he cried. "Knee knockers- Grandma would be so proud!" Grandma would have been very proud of his authentic knee knocking- if she had been there and IF he had been wearing a stitch of clothes. I found myself again shouting in surprise "PUT YOUR PANTS ON!!!" ( I wrote Jimmy super big because I had to repeat the name for Gary 3 times before he believed me.)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

We repeat a lot at my house too!! Okay, just saw the picture of Simon with the bra around his neck--hilarious! That is a good representation of the "raiding" stage. I've always called it "destruction" stage. Pretty funny! Nice weaving job, too. I'm impressed.

Gary S. said...

To clarify, Jonny is 3, and Jimmy is 7.5. I don't recall being comfortable being naked around anyone at age 7.5.