Monday, November 03, 2008

Perfect Fall Day

Today was a day off from school. I have no idea why. I thought it would be nice to get out and enjoy the weather before the winter chill. I am sorry I forgot my camera. I took the kids on a picnic lunch to the Dinosaur Park. It's our local favorite. It was stunning! It is situated in a wooded area and the trees were colored in autumn glory. Orange, yellow and red. Crunchy leaves everywhere we stepped. As we ate lunch, I thought to myself that it looked SO MUCH like autumn that it almost didn't seem real. The kids ran and we frolicked in the leaves and explored the trails around the park. We found a little stream and threw sticks in it. Then we used bigger sticks to fish them out. At one point Jimmy fell in. (Thankfully it was not too cold to go around with wet shoes.) I think this is my favorite way to spend an afternoon.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

That does sound like a perfect fall afternoon. I really wish we could have joined you guys!