Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What Gary Didn't Tell You...

...is that the orthopedic surgeon asked if he could take home a copy of this x ray for his wife and kids who are begging him for a trampoline. AND that they don't give you a "mild scolding" when you say trampoline in the emergency room. They tell you "trampolines should be burned to the ground!"

On a more sentimental note, he also didn't tell you that this morning, Amelia woke up and said "I want to make everyone breakfast in bed, because they have been so nice to me." Even in her pain, she is grateful and she is thinking of others. (No, I didn't let her make breakfast in bed for the family. She can barely move.)

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

OUCH! Poor Amelia, what a yucky thing to happen right at the beginning of the summer. I hope the surgery goes well and she has a quick recovery. I'll remember her in my prayers.

Leslie said...

Wow -- thanks for letting us know. We will certainly keep Amelia and your family in our prayers, as I know this will affect everyone. I am so thankful to know that it will not cause permanent damage. Give her hugs from us and keep us posted!

Gary S. said...

I guess it would be clearer if I said that orthopedists give a harsh scolding to trampolines, in front of you. It's a very clever way of saying "you're a bad parent" without making you upset at them.