Friday, June 19, 2009

Talky Baby

Simon is really talking a lot now. He is putting two or three words together frequently. But he really surprised me a few days ago with his longest sort-of-complete sentence I have heard yet, when cheerfully asking for one of his favorite delicacies:

"How 'bout that soymilk!"

Keep in mind that Simon is not yet two years old, so that's pretty remarkable in my opinion. Also, Simon is lactose-intolerant, so he's our only soymilk consumer.

I was trying to decide whether Simon had put together a sentence of four words or five. The brand we use calls it soymilk. But there are more than twice as many references on the Web to soy milk than to soymilk. So what say you?



UPDATE: it looks like Silk only uses soymilk when referring to Silk Soymilk, their capitalized brand. When they talk about soy milk without mentioning the brand, they do say "soy milk." I'm not saying they're right or wrong--because it appears that no matter how you answer the poll, they're both right and wrong!

1 comment:

TracyS. said...

Since Simon differentiates between milk and soy milk, I'll give him 2 words for that.

I thought this sentence was particularly funny, since it is one that he didn't copy from me or Gary.