Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Cool Places to Visit

Over Memorial Weekend, we went hiking in Shenandoh National Park. We climbed to the top of Hawksbill Summit. It was a lovely trail made even better by the lack of whining. The kids were super- duper hikers and I loved the whole experience. From taking pictures of wildflowers on the trail (they didn't turn out so well) to watching birds soar at the top. Thanks to Gary, for picking a great trail and to the kids for making it so pleasant!
Here's another cool place you might like to go: Cheerios Land! I was upstairs f0lding laundry and Jonny came to tell me a great way to get rid of ants in my garden. Throw Cheerios all over for the ants to eat so they would leave the plants alone. It would be like Cheerios Land, he told me. "What a problem solver he is," I thought. "I wonder what brought that on?" When I came down the stairs, I didn't have to wonder anymore!

No comments: