Wednesday, June 10, 2009

James

So what is Jimmy up to, you might ask. Rightly so. He does not appear on the kiddodiddo site so frequently as his siblings. He's not as outrageous, so he's not a headline maker. Looking over the last several posts, I realized something was missing: Jimmy's baptism (or more correctly: James's baptism)


It hurts to type it. He has always been Jimmy. Since the day he was born. I don't think I ever called him James in the hospital or anytime since. It feels foreign to call him James, but he insists. Or rather he is more polite about it and is very grateful if you remember "James."





James was baptized in March. It was a special occasion. He asked Gary and me to speak, about Baptism and The Holy Ghost. I was so surprised he invited us because he hears so much from us already. But it was his special day and I wanted to make sure the baptism program went the way he wanted it to. We sang:


"I like my birthdays every one, each brings a special joy to me but I can't wait until I'm eight for then I'll be baptized you see.
To be baptized as Jesus was by one who holds the priesthood true and thus obey God's holy laws is just the thing I want to do.
When hands are placed upon my head then I'll receive the Holy Ghost and if I listen carefully, I 'll have the blessing I need most."


and then he was baptized by his father. I am so proud of James and his decision to be baptized.

Many thanks to all who came to make it a special day for our family. (Don't you love all the bunny ears in this shot?!)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow thanks for the updates! I miss you guys and wish we lived closer so we could have attended this special occasion for Jimmy. The ironic thing is that I did attend a baptism for a child in our ward that day as the primary presidency representative. It was a nice baptism, but it made me sad knowing that my nephew was being baptized across the country and that I should have been at his instead.

Jodi said...

Cute posts Tracy!! Congrats to James on his baptism. I'm going to have a hard time remembering to call him that. And cute pictures of your hike and Cheerios Land. My kids didn't think of that one, but we must have something similar because the aunts are loving our house. I'll send them over to Cheerios Land next chance I get!!