Thursday, February 28, 2008

What not to do...

About 6 months ago, a friend gifted us 3 eggplant from her garden. I love eggplant parmigiana, so I was excited to receive them and prepare this lovely dish for my family. In an effort to get the kids involved and willing to try new foods, I had them look at pictures and recipes online to choose one that they would like. I prepared the eggplant according to the recipe they chose and served it for dinner that night. They wouldn't touch it. I knew that if they would just try it, they would like it. After all, it's so yummy! So I got the brilliant idea of having a "Yucky Face Contest" where each member of the family would try a bite and make the worst faces they could while they chewed and swallowed. Because, of course they would LOVE it if only they would try it. The kids were eager participants. They chewed and chewed and chewed and made the worst faces I have ever seen. I almost threw up. REALLY. It was that bad. Now I can't think about eggplant parmigiana without getting queasy.

No comments: