Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Parenting Breakthrough

My sister in law recommended a book to me called "The Parenting Breakthrough." It's about raising responsible children and I fully intend to read it. Last night , I had a breakthrough of my own: I dreamed about my kids. I have never been a parent in my dreams. I dreamed Amelia was in a tricycle race and I was cheering her on. It was a difficult race because it was through an outdoor swimming pool filled with manta rays. The water was up to the seat of the bike and Amelia was upset because she wasn't able to move. I jumped from the stands and pulled her trike while she pedaled. After dodging a few manta rays, we made it to the finish line.

It has taken almost 7 years for my subconcious to recongnize something my concious has known for quite sometime: I'm a mom.

No comments: