Friday, February 01, 2008

Snopes Mini: Go Up, Thou Bald Head

Welcome to Snopes Mini, where we debunk urban legends one at a time. In fact, I have only one myth to dispel today.

Claim: Baldness, or lack thereof, is inherited from one's mother's father.

Status: False.
I don't see the top of my own head very often. So I was pretty surprised to discover this a couple of weeks ago. I was especially surprised because I have always been taught that I would go my whole life with a full head of hair because my maternal grandfather did so.

I'm not too upset about it. I'm more amused that I didn't know, and that Tracy didn't tell me.

And what, you may ask, does this have to do with the kiddodiddos? Nothing for now, but it will in about 25 years (hee hee Jimmy!).

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Thanks for a fun post Gary! I believe that John Stossel (of ABC's 20/20) dispelled this myth in his book "Lies, Myths and ?" (I can't remember the rest of the title!). Anyway, I hope to see more from Mini Snopes!