Wednesday, February 06, 2008

She's a firecracker and I like her like that!

Driving in the car the other day, the kids and I heard a song come on the radio. I think the lyrics said "she's a firecracker and I like her like that." It was something like that. Maybe you know the song. Anyway, Amelia asked what that meant. (She's been asking that a lot lately, about all of those nursery rhyme songs and they are so hard to explain ex: that Loch Lomond song)
The conversation went something like this:
A: How is a person like a firecracker.
Me: Well... what is a firecracker like?
A: I don't know what that is.
J: It's like fireworks.
Me: It is a small firework that you can light with a match and it explodes and makes a flash and loud sound. What else? How do think firecrackers make people feel?
A: But how do people explode?
Me: Well... sometimes when people get angry, they start yelling but it's suddenly. You never know when it will happen. Out of control. So how do fireworks make you feel?
A: Excited!
J: too loud!
Me: So if someone is like a firecracker, they are loud, flashy, exciting, out of control.
A: Hey! I AM LIKE A FIRECRACKER! except i'm not flashy.

No comments: