Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Business Trip Extraordinaire--Day 4

Day 4 started early. I was all ready to go by 6:00 when I had a conference call scheduled. On the call they told me they didn't need me after all. Good thing I couldn't sleep past 4:30, or else that's what I would have called information that would have been useful yesterday!

I talked with Tracy this morning. She said James got his glasses! I'm curious to see what kind of glasses James would choose and how he looks. I was eight or nine when I got my first glasses. James is ten, so I can relate.

I had a productive day of work, which made me happy. I still have a lot to do before next week, when I'm done here and move on to my next stop.

Tonight it was warm outside. I like spring, but I especially like spring when it feels like summer. Tonight I could have taken off my jacket but I forgot because it's such a lightweight jacket. I needed it all day in the cold U-shaped server room.

I had dinner with my coworker, who is also traveling. He wanted to be back in his room before Survivor started. I rarely watch TV and I haven't seen Survivor in years, but I watched tonight. It's interesting and pretty entertaining in limited doses.

I'm four days in, and it feels like longer. And I still have 18 more days after this one. I have a lot of respect and also pity for people who travel all the time for work. They do what is needed to provide for their families, and I respect that greatly.

No comments: