Sunday, March 27, 2011

Business Trip Extraordinaire--Day 1

Time for a new blog series that will act as a journal of my longest business trip to date. I have just started 22 days of saving the day and taking names. I also hope to have some fun along the way and share some of it with you, gentle reader.

Tracy and the kids were very kind to drop me off at the airport this morning. I could have taken a taxi but we wanted to spend a little more time together, so Tracy offered to drive me. She's so sweet! Right now I'm looking at a photo of all seven of us that I brought with me. I miss them all and though it's a long trip, I'm grateful that my job usually does not take me away from my family for this long.

I flew on American Airlines today, which is unusual for me. They had no TV or audio entertainment, which was actually a refreshing change. My flight to Dallas was late, and I barely made my connecting flight. I was planning on lunch in Dallas, and the airline did not have enough sandwiches aboard for everyone who wanted to buy, so I missed out on lunch. Hey, life could be much worse.

On the domestic portion of this trip, I have two laptops with me. I thought I would make life easier by carrying them in two different backpacks. Arriving in California, I promptly left one of them on the rental car bus by mistake. Thankfully, when the same driver returned, the backpack was still on the bus.

It's cloudy and cool today in Southern California. Methinks Day 2 will be jacket weather.

I've now accomplished my goal of staying up as late as I can to get used to the time zone. I usually don't bother but I'll be here until next Thursday so I need to do it.

Have a good night everyone, and I look forward to blogging at you again tomorrow.

No comments: