Friday, November 06, 2009

It would have been nice to know

I went a few places today- the doctor's office (heard the baby's heartbeat!), to eat lunch with Amelia and James at school- I figured they could use some cheer (different lunch sessions, so we had to go twice), dropping off James at play rehearsal.
SO WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME THAT SIMON HAD WRITTEN ALL OVER MY BUM WITH A BRIGHT MAGIC MARKER?!
Really, I'm surprised about 2 things:
1 That I didn't I notice when it happened. (I sure noticed the "art work" on the table this morning and confiscated the pens.)
2 My kids didn't take the opportunity to tease me about it. Were they being nice not to say anything, or did they just pass it off as a weird mom thing?

7 comments:

Jodi said...

That's too funny. I looked in the mirror and found snot smeared all over the lapel of my black coat. I wondered the same thing. Why didn't my kids tell me or are they just so used to seeing that kind of thing that it didn't put up any red flags? Who knows...

Leslie said...

Oh I hope that didn't happen while you were distracted from talking on the phone with me. If so, I'm sorry and I hope your pants aren't ruined!

I'm glad to hear your ob appointment went well though!

Anonymous said...

*laughs* Oh dear, I'm sorry. Um...did you have on a coat that covered it, maybe?

TracyS. said...

Ah... good thinking maybe my coat saved me in public. But I didn't wear it at home. And no, they aren't ruined. It was washable markers.

TracyS. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mindy said...

I haven't caught up on you for awhile--congrats on the new baby! That is very exciting! What a year!

TracieCarter said...

Love your posts! This marker one had me laughing so hard that the kids came running to hear what I was laughing at! Ahhh, never a dull moment! I always think parenting is a breeze until I have to leave the house with them :) Like today. Unfortunately.