Thursday, July 31, 2008

Jonny's Toe Update

We have just returned from a fabulous trip to Utah, thanks to all who made it possible. I am still unpacking and will be sharing photos and kid memories in the next week. I just wanted to give a quick update on Jonny's toe for those who would like to know the resolution. Here's a a brief synopsis for those who were not present.
Last Friday we were at Lagoon (amusement park.) Jonny said that his little toe hurt, but I didn't see anything wrong with it. Sunday morning, Jonny said something to Gary about his "hurting toe." Gary checked it out and immediately saw that the bottom of his little toe was swollen purple/gray and the rest of the toe was bright red. I drove him to the urgent care/drop in clinic, and they drained the toe, took a culture, and gave a prescription. They also pointed out the infection was spreading up his foot and ankle (a visible red line.) The urgent care place called last night and said that it was a staph infection. The medicine is working fine. Jonny's toe and foot are looking much better and he should be fully recovered before long.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh no! Poor Jonny. I'm glad you caught it early and that it's getting better.

Leslie said...

Poor little guy! I'm so glad that it's recovering though. I've heard staph infections are tricky. I'm glad you guys are back home safe and sound and I can't wait to see pictures of your trip!

Jodi said...

Sounds like we weren't the only ones that had an E.R./urgent care trip in Utah! I'm glad Jonny is doing better!