Thursday, May 08, 2008

Jimmy's New Hobby

Last night, Jimmy cut the head off of his stick pony. He then decorated the stick and passed out handmade tickets to his bow staff combat class. He took AMY (remember she's not Millie anymore) and Jonathan outside to help them find sticks and attend his class. (Ninja Turtles have been a recent favorite, and I think he's been studying the moves) He showed them his techniques and they played around for awhile before bed.
Today it was my turn. After school, he found me a stick in the woods (flimsy, not like his stick pony one) and showed me how to grab and spin it. So we had a tournament. As we swung and fought with our bow staffs, mine kept breaking off. Sticks and particles were flying everywhere. When my 3 foot "bow staff" had been reduced to 15 inches, I called it good.
Tonight, I'll be carving my own bow staff- I found myself a REAL stick.

1 comment:

holly b said...

fun! i love that image of you and Jimmy bow fighting! :)