Sunday, April 20, 2008

Relax!

A couple of months ago, I asked Amelia what she wanted for her birthday. She told me she wanted "one of those chairs that shake." She saw one (a massage chair) on the tv and thought it was funny. Friday, I happened to see a massage chair on display at our Costco and was reminded of her birthday wish. So I got her out of the shopping cart, put her in the chair and turned it on. I wish I could have captured the expression on her face. BIG eyes, huge grin. She sank into the chair and said "I could sit here all day!" Then it was Jonny's turn. He squealed with delight and kept turning around to see who was poking him. "Hey you,"he laughed "Hey you chair!" As if it there was a person he couldn't see. Of course, I sat in the chair too... it was great, but my reactions were not quite as dramatic. So maybe next time you're at Costco with a little one that you love, put him or her in the massage chair and see what they do... it's priceless!

1 comment:

holly b said...

what a fabulous idea! I'm definitely trying that. :)