Thursday, April 10, 2008

And now it's been ten years

Yesterday marked ten years from when I returned home from my mission in Brazil. Surprisingly to me, I didn't think much about it, good or bad. It's the same as if it had been eight years, or twelve. It was a defining period in my life, but I've had so many more wonderful experiences, and more trying ones, that I don't feel defined by it anymore.

Yesterday also marked the arrival of our new friend:


Shake, shake, shake your Roomba! The kids love it. Simon was a little nervous at first, but today he was watching it intently. The other kids love to watch and chase it. It also gives us a bargaining chip toward clean rooms: "okay kids, are your rooms 'Roomba Ready'?" What a great little robot! Thanks to Leslie and Jake for the suggestion (and for sharing a coupon to get Roomba for cheaper)!

3 comments:

holly said...

cool robot! I'm curious how well it works. sounds like fun for everyone!

TracyS. said...

I think it works well. Jimmy noted after a few days use that "the carpet feels fluffy, like it's new."
I noted after a few days use that I didn't mind being barefoot inside anymore! I think I was just used to walking on crumbs, ice melt, and whatever else gets tracked in. (Not that I didn't vacuum before, it's just one of the chores that gets undone the instant it's done.)

Leslie said...

Yay! I'm so glad you guys like it! You deserve to walk on a nice, clean carpet!