Saturday, April 26, 2008

Name Change

Amelia has now officially requested to be called Amy. This request came shortly before her birthday last week. She writes it on all of her papers and introduces herself to others as "Amy" so I think she means it. "I like how it sounds" and "it reminds me of a beak" are some of the reasons she has given to support the switch.

that reminds me of a funny- Yesterday, I dropped her off at preschool and she was reluctant to go. She always has been reluctant to go when this teacher is in charge. Yesterday, she finally confided in me: Mom, she talks to us like we're little kids.

3 comments:

holly b said...

awh, she's growing up too fast! Amy sounds way too big.... but I guess that's what happens. I bet she'd love the Ramona books.

TracyS. said...

OOO! I just found one on the shelf last night! I didn't even think of reading it to her, but I'll bet she'd strongly relate:)

mindy said...

tracy, she cracks me up! i'll definatly start to call her amy--how funny!

you have such cute stories of the kids...i really love reading them!