Tuesday, June 19, 2007

First Day of Summer Vacation

School vacation started today, technically. It was Jimmy's last day of school.
Upon arrival at home, he encouraged Jonathan and Amelia to act like they did when he was at school.
He kind of moped around a lot, but other than that it was a very normal day. Right before dinner, he said, truly concerned "Mom? Why are you so busy?"

The kids made some summer goals, as a family night activity. They want to go running in the morning and exercise like Rocky (Gary showed them the interesting parts of Rocky before he left on his trip.) And they want to learn karate.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Awesome! I absolutely cannot WAIT to get our boys into karate lessons. Unfortunately I will probably have to though, at least until Jake is done with grad school. It has been a goal of mine since before I even had kids to get my boys into karate (and girls too if I ever have any and if they're interested). So, are you up for the morning run?