Friday, February 02, 2007

Jimmy's Post

Jimmy has been unusually helpful lately. In fact, his school teacher called to tell me what a "good citizen" he has been.
Monday was a school holiday- the floating holiday reserved for snow days that don't come. I didn't set any alarms hoping that the kids and I could sleep in. At 8:15, I heard the vacuum cleaner going. (I was surprised to sleep in that late!) I went upstairs to find Jimmy and Amelia vacuuming up yogurt. Jimmy decided I needed a break that day and so he gave everyone a breakfast of yogurt and bread. Jonny took off running with his yogurt and got it all over the carpet and the slide in the living room. I had to keep from laughing at the mess and their attempt to clean it up. Sometimes it really is the thought that counts.

No comments: