Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Facial recognition

Tonight I needed to distract Jonathan for a few minutes. I thought it would be fun to show him a picture on the computer. So I used Google to search for images, hoping to find a picture of, I don't know, Mickey Mouse. I thought maybe I could explain who Mickey was and what his purpose is in our lives.

But no explanation was necessary.

I was on the search results page when I heard Jonathan get very excited and say, "Mick!" Apparently he already knows. :-) (FYI Jonathan is nearly 17 months old.)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow -- I wonder does he remember Mickey Mouse from your trip to Disneyland 9 months ago? Very impressive!

Gary S. said...

It could be that he remembers Mickey. But he also has a Mickey Mouse doll that my parents gave him when we were there. Jimmy got one too. Amelia got a Minnie Mouse doll. Besides, Disney has very good marketing.