Friday, October 20, 2006

Seeing Red

Jimmy and Amelia don't really see eye to eye on most things lately. Most apparently clothing. He loves camoflague and she loves pink. She loves dresses and tights and he only wears denim, jogging suits, and t shirts. One could say that she is a "girly girl" and he is a "boyly boy" (I can't think of the real word at this time) But they both agree on the color red. He loves wearing red jogging suits with red shirts (no collars or buttons please!) she loves wearing red dresses. The more glitter the better. (she has one that was covered with glittery dots, but the glitter has long sinced washed off) In fact, she reminds me of Ginger Grant (the red head from Gilligan's Island) sometimes. Very pretty, very formal, and overdressed for most occasions!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

That's my kind of girl! I always felt like I could relate to Mary Ann more, but I did admire Ginger's glamour. I especially loved her classic, sparkly evening gown, the one that she wore the most often, I think. And she also had kind of an olive green dress she wore sometimes that I liked as well. I'll tell you one thing I didn't like - the episode where Mary Ann dresses up like Ginger, and Ginger dresses up like Mary Ann. That was just wrong!

Good for Amelia! I am glad that she is comfortable with her femininity!

TracyS. said...

I have to admit that her example has rubbed off. I enjoy wearing more femmine clothes. Being a girl is fun.

The funniest outfit she puts on is a Cinderella dress (with a little twist) I'll have to post a really funny video if I can figure out how!