Thursday, April 26, 2012

Jimmy in the Newspaper!


Another post, previously lost in the vaults, this one from the year James was in first grade.


A few days ago, we had a storm blow in to town. It lasted about 40 minutes and it was pretty intense. At the time Jimmy usually gets home from school it started raining hard. I thought I'd be a good mom and pick him up at the bus stop in the van. The wind kept the door from closing properly the first time, so I thought "It's a good thing I'm going to get Jimmy. I don't want Jimmy out in this weather." By the time I was at the van, I was soaked to the skin. I waited at the bus stop (in the van) for about 20 minutes and then turned around to come home. When I got home, I got an automated phone call saying that they kept the kids at school in a tornado drill and would be releasing them when the storm was over. (This was an hour after dismissal)  Information that would have been helpful sooner, don't you think?   So here's how Jimmy and his classmates spent the extra hour at the school, as photographed for a local paper. 

I can no longer tell you which one was James.  Sorry!

No comments: