Saturday, October 04, 2008

A Few Funny Moments

I'd had a few funny moments lately that I keep forgetting to share so here they are all wrapped into one post:

Simon's first words: Go, dog, cat, shoe, Da-da, Whoa!

Jimmy's attempt to woo his classmate Jordan: A hand written copy of the Gettysburg Address?! (here's the story: Gary went in late one night to check on the kids. Jimmy was busy hand copying the Gettysburg Address. In the morning, he told me he wanted to give it to Jordan- one of the girls from the Love Bug post. If he was older- like 30 I would give him some tips for wooing girls for real!)

During our Chasti-Tea Party, I was talking with the kids about how we shouldn't have boy friends and girlfriends until age 16 (AT LEAST), Amelia mentioned something like "but Vivian and I have fun kissing the boys on the bus." (I talked to Vivian's mom the next day- she was horrified!) Needless to say no one is having fun kissing on the kindergarten bus anymore.

During and after the Olympics, the kids were fascinated with "the famous Olympic Swimmer, Michael Phelps." (Jonny never abbreviated the title.) Jonny wanted a Michael Phelps party for his birthday (thankfully he abandoned that idea.) "Michael Phelps" was the punchline for every joke (knock knock. who's there? Michael Phelps!!!).

A few weeks ago, Jimmy was listening to an old Bon Jovi cassette he found and heard the song "Some Day I'll Be Saturday Night" He asked what it meant and I explained. ("Feelin' like a Monday, but someday I'll be Saturday night"- if you're Saturday night, it's really cool, everybody loves Saturday right?) So a few days after that conversation, he says to me "Mom, Michael Phelps IS Saturday night." Can't argue with that!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Great stories! You've got some romantics on your hands... And who doesn't love Bon Jovi and Michael Phelps, right?

Unknown said...

too funny! We love our kids don't we and the things they say, sometimes I think they say things to make us feel better or to loosen up a little and sometimes to make our day. Way to go with the Chasti-Tea party I'll remember that one. Yes kissing on the bus isn't good-at least she told you.