Monday, September 17, 2007

The Mad Scientist

Jimmy has taken the new addition to the family the hardest. I think it has been difficult to adjust to a full school day and a new baby at the same time. He is often crabby about something or other. I get caught up in his moods and I forget to laugh. But really, Jimmy gets wound up about funny things.

The other day, I was putting the kids to bed and Jimmy reminded me that we ran out of time for his science experiment. I told him if he was good for the scriptures we could do the experiment after the prayer. He agreed, so I was surprised when he hit Jonathan with the science experiment book. So I said we had to save the experiment for the next day. Jimmy was really upset about that and spent the next hour sneaking out of bed to attempt the science experiment. When Gary got home, I told him about "Jimmy's Rebellion." Gary thought it was the funniest thing! What kid sneaks out of bed to do science?!
We did do the experiment the following day- put the end of a rolled up paper towel in a glass of colored water and watch the water climb the towel. The kids were suitably impressed.

3 comments:

holly said...

what kind of kid indeed?! only Jimmy. : ) that is hilarious.

(PS still no baby yet....)

TracyS. said...

I had wondered about that. Good luck when she makes her appearance!

Leslie said...

I have to say that I think this is the funniest post! I found myself laughing out loud when I read it! Thank you, Jimmy for bringing a bit of cheer into my day!