Saturday, September 01, 2007

Jimmy makes me laugh

A few days ago, on his way to his first soccer practice, Jimmy asked if there would be girls and boys on his team. When I told him "no" he started to fan himself vigorously and said "phew." I asked why he did that. He said "because some girls make me feel funny." I got nosy and asked which girls (I couldn't help myself!) He said Cha-Cha, from his kindergarten class and Noelle.

Today Jimmy confided in me that he is a lot like Job.
Jimmy: I am like Job. This week bad things happen to me and I keep the commandments.
Me: That's too bad. What kind of bad things have happened?
Jimmy: I keep losing my plastic teeth.
Me: (trying really hard not to laugh) Yeah, that is too bad. You really like those vampire teeth.

Gary pointed out that it is good for him to liken the scriptures to himself, but I think it's the funniest thing I've heard him say in a few days.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh Jimmy! These stories really made me laugh -- especially the second one! Thanks for a great end to a long day!

holly said...

he is so funny! how hard not to laugh out loud at "lost plastic teeth"!! that is neat that he likened himself unto Job, what a scriptorian. : )