Sunday, September 24, 2006

Amelia's Prayer

Amelia said the family prayer tonight. I don't think I'll get it exactly right, but here is goes:

...Please help us not tell poop jokes; tell stories the right way not with real names instead of made up ones*; and we all know about pull ups**...
*Gary likes to substitute names of real people into the childrens stories and she does not care for this
**What we all know, I don't know. Your guess is as good as mine!
I guess you had to be there. She is just starting to say prayers for real. She used to say thank you for the food (whether there was food or not) and Amen. Now she goes on and on about all of the things she cares about. It's very sweet, and often times very funny.

2 comments:

holly said...

it must be hard to contain chuckles at times I'd imagine..... that's funny about her wanting the "real" names and not the "real life" names. no foolin' her!

speaking of real names in stories, Matt tells an oft requested bedtime story for Evalyn about visiting the zoo with her friends and they all choose baby zoo animals to ride around on. Jimmy and Millie frequently make the list of friends who are there with her. ; )

TracyS. said...

That sounds like a really cute story. I think I'll try a version of that here!