Sunday, January 01, 2012

About Whales

Last week, I took the kids to the library.  It's one place all the kids love.  We were there at story time and Rachel insisted we attend.  I was glad she did. I like it when she gets to do little kids things.  Most of the other kids are too big and so they hang out reading or looking for books.   Simon came in at the start of story time, themed about arctic animals.  Jonny came in half way through, with a stack of books.  He listened and read as the Rachel, Simon and I participated in songs and rhymes.  Then the librariam asked the group "What is blubber?"   The children were mystified until Jonny eagerly raised his hand and blurted out this wise knowledge "it is what you use to tell if a whale is pregnant or not."  Wow.  I had no idea blubber could do that:)  

No comments: