Sunday, October 30, 2011

What moms like

Last week, I attended a brief puppet show put on by Amelia's brownie troop.   The girls sang "The 13 days of Girls Scouts" (like the 12 days of Christmas, but they sang about all the things their troop has done.)  Amelia was day 2: painting on the wall.  Other girls sang about the girl scout promise, going to camp, etc.  When it was over I told Amelia how cute it was and how proud I was of her for singing so nicely and she went into this harangue about how moms like EVERYTHING because they are SUPPOSED to like everything, and didn't I realize no one was singing on key and wasn't I stupid not to know how dumb it was on my own.  So I was trying to hustle her out before she hurt someone's feelings when one of her troop mates (who was listening intently to our exchange) said "Mia, moms DON'T like everything.  They don't like clothes on your bedroom floor.  They don't like toys all over the house.  They don't like fighting..." and a few other things that I forgot.  I gave her a major Woot! Woot! and congratulated her for her words of wisdom. 

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Glad to know my girls aren't the only ones who know EVERYTHING! And glad to know I'm not the only mom who knows NOTHING! Girls!! So funny! Fun to see all your posts and pictures. Amelia looks so old in these pictures. Hard to believe!

Leslie said...

This was pretty darn funny. Amelia is not alone, however since I think we all need to be put in our place every now and then ;)