Saturday, February 13, 2010

Success?!

This morning, Simon actually used the potty. He's been trying every morning this week. I have sat huddled next to the toilet reading him "the Day Jimmy's Boa Ate the Wash" over and over waiting for something magic to happen. Finally, this morning I heard a lot of excitement while I was in the shower. Gary had set Simon up with a drink on the potty. Jonny and Amelia were there to read to him. And he finally did it. Here's a picture of the proud little guy in his ka-potty best:I am pretty proud too. It was a group effort today. He is not ready for the intesity of true potty training and neither am I, but when he's in the mood for a box of Nerds (the current prize) he knows what to do!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Congrats on your kapotty efforts! Way to go Simon! May your future hold many boxes of nerds!:)

Gary S. said...

Simon did it again this morning! I think the key is to get him into the bathroom first thing when he still needs to go.