Thursday, January 21, 2010

James Revolutionary Idea

In school, James has been learning about ancient Mali, where the salt trade was very important. On the way to cub scouts last night, he said to me something like this:
I think I need to consume more salt. Salt is a preservative right? If I eat more, I will be able to preserve my energy.

So there you have it. If you are low on energy, eat more salt.

On a side note, last night was my first night as Wolf Den Leader. I've been assistant for a few months now. For the closing activity, we were supposed to do this cool button on a string trick, where you wind the string tight and then pull and the buttons spins and makes vibration noises, etc. I tried at home and couldn't get it to do anything cool. I passed out the buttons and string and told the boys- I'm counting on you to make it happen. I want to see the cool trick. We tried and tried and aside from a compliment on the quality of buttons, nothing happened. The boys were good sports about it though. When we were pulling into the driveway, James politely asked "Next time, can we do something that works?"

No comments: