Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Very Merry Unbirthday to you!

In 2007, I made a 2 New Year's Resolutions
1. to send each of my relatives a birthday card for his or her birthday
2. to park the van with the wheels straight EVERY TIME (I sure everyone else does this, but I had a bad habit I needed to break)

I did pretty good on my resolutions for that year. And even this year, I still park the van with the wheels straight. However, I think I have missed sending a card to everyone of my relatives. This summer (in July) I decided to make it up with what I called "birthday in July" where I would send a make up card and celebrate everyone's birthday at once. Well, it took 2 extra months to pull that one together. In the mail, each one of you precious relatives (especially those who send birthday cards ON TIME) should be receiving a card, (handmade by the kiddodiddos themselves) to celebrate you on this, your very special UNbirthday. If your birthday has already passed, sorry! And if your birthday is yet to come, happy birthday well in advance.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Tracy, I am absolutely miserable about sending birthday cards to family, which is completely lame because I am pretty darn good about remembering birthdays and always think about that person on his or her birthday. But what good does it do if they never know? I am trying to gear myself up to change this awful practice, but I have to admit that my biggest barrier is that I feel so overwhelmed by the prospect seeing as how we have such a large family. Sorry for my rant, but good for you for trying!

TracyS. said...

Yeah, the task of having the kids sticker and sign 35 cards was a bit daunting... and they didn't even get them all.