Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Jonathan's Happy Dance

So I tried to call my mom to wish her a happy birthday while I was cooking dinner. I absent mindedly left the ingredient cabinet open while I did worked on my pancakes. Jonathan came along and rummaged through and selected a full box of cocoa powder. I don't know what I was thinking, but I let him walk out of the kitchen with it.
As I came out of the kitchen, I saw Jonathan dump the entire box of cocoa powder on the dining room floor (carpet.) He did a happy dance on top of the powder. He looked just like Harpo Marx dancing in the lemonade. He was so full of joy at that moment!
Now our carpet looks about 30 years old. Whoever heard of carpeting a dining area ?! I'll have to haul out the carpet cleaner sooner than I anticipated!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh no! You'll have to let us know if it comes out of the carpet! Our dining area is carpeted too -- I use the dust buster a lot.

holly said...

wow. that is a fun yet frustrating moment to relive. I hope the cocoa comes out... I've given up hope on our carpet and figure we'll replace it whenever we move/remodel or our youngest is over the age of 3, whichever comes first!!

TracyS. said...

Evalyn and Henry did have a similar experience didn't they...although chocolate sauce was probably much more dramatic (or is it traumatic?!)