Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Manly

Last month I overheard a funny conversation while I was driving the preschool carpool.  Simon had chosen to wear a button down shirt, one that was a gift to James many years ago but never worn.  James had a thing against buttons, as did Jonny.  Simon likes to dress like Dad sometimes by wearing nicer shirts.
So I picked up Simon's friend and as he got in the van, he said to Simon "Hey- your shirt looks like a man!"  Simon looked confused for a split second and then he cracked into a sly grin and said "That's because my shirt IS a man." 

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Daniel used to really dislike buttons too! He finally explained to me that he didn't like them because "they have awful circles."

Silvanon said...

Liz hates buttons, too. It's something about how they look, because she'll accept wearing a button as long as it's covered up (for example she'll wear pants with a button as long as her shirt is long enough to cover the button).