Monday, July 25, 2011

For MY Moms

I often marvel at the beautiful flowers that spring up here at home. The previous owners of our house had an obvious love of flowers. My mother and mother in law also have a love of flowers and have lots of blooms at their respective homes. I love it when they share pictures and would like to share some of my own. Once school let out the weeds have taken over. 
Here are some shots of what is blooming now, and a reverse chronology of what we saw earlier this year.   We have a small geranium and a few small petunias hanging on right now, but sorry no pictures.
We have 4 of these trees, I think they are hibiscus, one is taller than the house and the blooms are large and purple.
These are tiny and yellow.  I don't know what they are.



This crepe myrtle is looking washed out, it really is vibrant.



This is called sancresea and the leaves are dark purple and the buds are lavendar.  You should plant it, you'll love it.  It's  perenial that can tolerate heat and drought.  This concludes what is blooming now. 

Lavendar, still smells great!

I got the clematis to climb a lamp post this year, it was pretty.


Yellow daisies- we had red as well.

This hosta gets hot easily and often looks sunburned.  Here it's looking great.   This concludes the early summer flowers.

Irises, which bloom for Rachel's birthday.   

love this, but don't know what it is.  It looks like forsythia to start, blooms later and PINK.

These peonies are gorgeous in the late spring.  The following photos are the first bloomers of the year.







2 comments:

amphvivian said...

Wow! Are all these at your house? Beautiful!

TracyS. said...

Yes! I feel so lucky to be surrounded by such beautiful flowers. (I won't be treating you to a show of the weeds!)