Thursday, August 12, 2010

Raby

Now that Rachel is 3 months old, she has been around long enough to have earned a few nicknames. I'll post a few, with origin
Raby: part Rachel, part baby (creation of James or Jonny)
Rachel Iris Cutie Pie-ris: Jonny's invention
Rachel Papayrus: derivied from above
Eye- ris: because she has such huge eyes
The Princess: as in do not disturb the princess
Rachelina: Gary's pet name for her- how could I forget this one?  Oh yeah, he was on a trip when I wrote this post the first time.
It's hard to tell who Rachel's biggest fan is. Everyone likes her a lot. Jonny especially shows a lot of love (and I must say it is the cutest attention seeking behavior I have seen yet.) The other day I was trying to walk from the living room to the kitchen, holding Rachel and some other thing I was trying to put down. Every time I took a step, there was Jonny. I would try moving to the right to get around him and he'd move to the right. So I'd try to move left to get around him and there he'd be. I almost tripped a few times because my arms were full. I was about to get frustrated when I realized what was going on. He was following Rachel on his knees, bowing to the floor and mumbling "hail. hail." Like the Ewoks do for C3PO.

No comments: