Thursday, September 17, 2009

Like father, like son

In the spring, Gary played his clarinet for a local production of the musical Crazy for You. Since Daddy was participating, the kiddodiddos really got into it. James memorized all the words to all the songs. He knew all of the characters names, and when I took him to go see the final performance, he explained a lot of things to me in whispers.
When Gary got an email announcing the auditions for their latest performance, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat all of the kids got really excited and wanted to try out. James was the only one old enough (many tears were shed over that), so last weekend, he and Gary set off to audition for the play. James sang "Slap that Bass." I would have paid money to see that! Gary sang "I can't be bothered now." He also had to do a little dance. I would have paid money to see that! (Well I did see that, when they practiced, but on the stage it would have been different.)
They both got parts! James will be in the children's chorus and Gary will be Levi, one of Joseph's brothers.
I am excited to see them explore their talents. I already knew Gary could sing, but I had no idea it interested Jimmy so much too.
You can wish them luck, (but PLEASE don't tell them 'break a leg!')

6 comments:

Jodi said...

That's awesome! Congratulations!

Gary S. said...

"Break a leg" is okay I think. "Break an arm" is not, at least not for our family.

TracyS. said...

I know, it's tradition, but do you REALLY want a broken leg in our household?!

Leslie said...

This is awesome news!!! I am SO excited for you guys! Do you think you'll be able to get video of any of the production because I would LOVE to see it! When will they be preforming? Any chance it will be next spring when we're there? :)

mindy said...

congratulations, guys! way to go! I'm sure that won't add any stress during a move...

holly b said...

that is so exciting!! what a fun family adventure. good for you guys!