Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Tax Day



I guess I am a sucker for TEA parties, because I took the kids to another one today, this time at Baron Cameron park in Reston. (I didn't feel like hauling the kids down to DC in the pouring rain.) I just wish the government would get the message and learn to spend within their means.


Here are some shots of the event:
The sign behind Amelia and Jonathan made me laugh. I had forgotten all about Steve Urkel! I used to love playing "Urkel Eights" with my siblings.

Jimmy's expression is pretty funny, I think.

When the kids had dumped their tea into the "Boston Harbor," we skeedaddled. It was almost (but not quite) freezing and pouring rain. I probably made the kids wildest fanstasies come true when we stopped at McDonalds to get them apple pies to warm them up for the ride home. (I know, that's not very wild, but I'm a cheapskate. I NEVER pick up fast food for the kids so they were shocked.)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Your kids are too cute! I laughed a lot about the "wildest fantasies" comment! Fast food is very if not extremely rare for us, but I (we) try to do it at least once in a while to avoid the "forbidden fruit" effect.