Friday, January 18, 2008

Snow!

It snowed! And the snow was perfect for frolicking with the kids. Early in the day, Amelia, Jonny and I made a snow man and tried to sled. The snow was perfect for snowmen, but too sticky for the sled. We enjoyed smacking snow from the branches and stomping around too. When Jimmy got home from school, he and I made a snow fort "together." When I was done, he climbed behind the wall of snow and gleefully exclaimed "So where's YOUR snow fort, Mom?" Finally, when it was getting dark, I thought of taking a picture or two... so enjoy these doctored photos. (they showed up black, but I was able to get shadows by playing with the contrast, etc)










Finally, after 6 years of trying, we made a snowman to be proud of. I think that having kids old enough to get the idea helped. Millie provided pinecones from her collection to make eyes and buttons for our man of snow.

1 comment:

Gary S. said...

This was truly the best snowman I have seen made by people I know. The snow out here is so wet and slushy that it sticks together well more often than the snow back in Utah, which is more powdery.