Monday, December 24, 2007

An Awkward Question

The other day Jimmy asked me a hard question. He hemmed and hawed for quite a while before he finally spit it out.
Jimmy: Mom? Why.............
Mom? Why do you and Dad.............
Ummm............Why do you and Dad.......................
Why do you and Dad sometimes say Calgon take me away?



And for those of you who did not watch enough tv in the 1980's, here is an explaination courtesy of Wikipedia:
"Calgon, take me away!"

Coty's Calgon logo
This commercial was for Calgon bath and beauty products.
In this advertisement, a woman is seen in a chaotic home scenario. As tension rises, she utters her famous line "Calgon, take me away!". The next scene shows her relaxing in a luxurious bath in a quiet room.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Uh..umm...what did he mean?

Gary S. said...

By way of explanation, Jimmy meant that sometimes Tracy and I say "Calgon, take me away!" as a way to keep our spirits up when the kids are causing utter chaos, which seems to happen more and more.