Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Jonathan Save Sucker Instead of Face

Last week (or maybe the week before) Jimmy's bus driver gave each kid a sucker as they got off the bus. He is a nice man and he had extra suckers for the siblings that wait at the bus stops. Jimmy, Amelia, and Jonathan were happily walking home, carrying their suckers (to enjoy after lunch) when Jonathan tripped. He fell flat on his face and the only move he made was to protect his sucker by hugging it to his chest as he fell. When he stood up, I could see scraped knuckles and a big scrape on his forehead. I expected tears. Instead, he triumphantly held up his sucker. "Suckoo" he proclaimed, to assure us that the sucker had made it through unscathed.

And speaking of yummy things, Jonathan decided to fix himself a glass of Qwik today. He got out the overly large container and a mug and proceeded to scoop out and drink a glass of the powder! I came across him on the floor next to the table enjoying his treat.

2 comments:

Jake said...

I'm impressed that Jonathan had the focus to save his sucker -- what discipline!

holly said...

two great stories! what a save. I remember helping myself to Quik in a similar manner.... only I was much older and probably knew better. tee hee hee.