Thursday, December 14, 2006

Waiting for the Other Sock to Drop

Last night, Jimmy and I were playing a game on the old NES. Jonathan wanted to sit on my lap, but only for a few seconds at a time. One time that he sat on my lap, I noticed that he was wearing only one sock. I played with the toes on his right foot, and I asked him, "Jonathan, where's your other sock?" I tugged the sock on his left foot to show him what I meant. Not surprisingly, he got up and walked away, as he had already done countless times. I didn't think anything of it and went back to saving the princess.

A few minutes Jonathan came back, held a sock up to my face, and said "Taa!," which I think was supposed to be "Tada!" It was the match for the sock he was already wearing! I know he understands some of what we say, but that he understood my question about the sock and went and found it is amazing (and cute) for his age!